Sunday, October 25, 2009

Which SUV, that is the question?!

So the time has come for me to purchase a new car.  Well okay, I don't need a new car. But I have had my current car, a Toyota Camry, for six years!!!  I can't believe it has been that long.  It is paid for,  which is a HUGE plus, but it has over 100K miles and I'm ready to let it go.  So I have been researching mostly crossover SUV's.  I only have two small children, so space isn't a huge issue for just four of us.  I need room to fit two adults and two children comfortably.  But I'm not ready for a full size SUV.  Well I take that back; I would buy an Escalade, Yukon Denali, or Tahoe LTZ, but those aren't in my price range. :)  So I am searching for a mid-size crossover SUV that fits my budget, needs, and wants.  Suprisingly, I found  five that fit the bill!  I have since e-mailed my selections to my SO (significant other) now let's see what he has to say! LoL!  I think he will be pleasantly surprised that ALL  my choices (pre-owned) are within or UNDER the budget!!!  Now that's a shocker!  But we're not making any purchases until next April when he returns from deployment.  Oh, I almost forgot....here are the vehicles that I am interested in, let me know what you think or any first hand experience you've had with any.


2010 Chevy Traverse
MSRP $39,260



2010 Chevy Equinox
MSRP $32,230



2009 Saturn Outlook
MSRP $36,720



2010 GMC Acadia
MSRP $43,860



2010 Land Rover LR2
MSRP $41,425

Note:  All of the prices are based upon the trim levels and options I am interested in; which include, but are not limited to: navigation, rear headrest entertainment, and leather seating.  These are also the prices of these vehicles brand new.  I think after looking at all the prices, I will check out the certified pre-owned versions of all of these vehicles.  :)))

Until Later,
~Jacqueline~


1 comment:

  1. I am so glad I stopped over and it is now fixed. :) I drive an Armada. You should look into that (but it is ummmm very full size.) I was going to get a Range Rover but it is not the most practical vehicles for children. I have a no eating rule in the car and we occasionally break it but if I had my Range, it would definitely be a no-no. Furthermore, with two little ones, you may need the upgrades like an entertainment package. I bought my Armada fully loaded because I knew we would be going far and the kids would need to be entertained. So look for something that has additional features. i drove the Acadia for a weekend and loved it so if I had to pick one, it would be that. Good luck and I will be stopping back.

    ReplyDelete