Thursday, October 8, 2009

Trying New Things...

As you may know, a few weeks ago my spouse left on deployment. With that being said, the Navy has wonderful groups that support the family year around. As you can imagine, when it’s time for deployment those groups really come together. So after five years of being a part of the Navy, I am finally going to participate. Well I take that back, we lived in Houston for three years, and I attended many Navy events. I still miss the friends that I made from that time; who were all military affiliated. However, we all had the same story. Let me explain.

I am from a military town, so I am familiar with military families. From those experiences or from what I’ve seen, I NEVER wanted to be a part of that life. The military wife has a bad stereotype in my book. They are labeled as boring stay at home Moms. I don’t want to be under that label. Although I am a stay at home Mom, by no means am I boring! I love fashion, shoes, make-up, my kids, and of course my Navy man! But under that label; military wives don’t care about fashion, shoes, and make-up. All they care about is their children and their husbands. They won’t take time out for themselves to do things other than for their kids or husband. Which is great and of course that is always first priority. But there is a fine balance. You don’t want to lose yourself in only being the caregiver.

So tonight I’m attending a family game night. I hope to meet other women like me. We love our spouses, we are very proud! But it doesn’t DEFINE us! I am hoping I can meet ladies who love to read Glamour and InStyle magazines. I am hoping to meet ladies who do not live up to that stereotype. That’s what I’m hoping.

So ladies, if I meet you tonight and I share my blog with you, please don’t be offended. I am only writing about my own experience and what I’ve encountered. Here’s to the next few months flying by so our loved ones will return home!

~Jacqueline~

No comments:

Post a Comment