Sunday, October 25, 2009

I think I've finally found my groove!

I actually can't believe the weekend has come and gone. This week went by so fast I didn't have time to catch up! Monday's are always interesting for me and the kids. We are usually exhausted from the weekend and Monday we can find some time to relax. But it's also a time for any business that came about over the weekend needs to be taken care of. But that's all I remember?! Next thing I know I'm in the middle of Sunday!


However, I did learn a few things this week. I learned that my 2 year old son is extremely SMART!!! Yes, I know this is standard Mommy talk. But he really surprised me this week. We choose a subject every week for him to learn from and try new things. This includes words, games, and foods. This week we were learning about foods. I bought a three new Sesame Street books that focused on foods and matching items. The very first time we read the first book he could identify or say all of the foods!!! I guess I have been teaching him something over the last few years! Needless to say I was beyond stoked about that!

We also implemented a new weekday schedule. I have read many times over, that schedule is the key to success with children. I'm not opposed to it, but it seems like I was behind the schedule ALL DAY! I think I will use it as a blueprint for the day, but with two young children; I find it stressful to stay on an exact time schedule. We've also added a three time a week park visit in the schedule. It was actually quite fun. We usually spend time in the backyard, but the park allows us to be around our peers. This is a total plus! We also did not have a meltdown about leaving the park!  This is also a huge deal in my book!

So here is to another week ahead.  To good children, completed workouts, no tantrums, conversations with Dad, and no drama at all!!!

Until Later,
~Jacqueline~

No comments:

Post a Comment