Thursday, April 30, 2009

Haute Mama, the product junkie!

In my last post I focused on saving for you and your family. But now to the good stuff! As a self-proclaimed Haute Mama, I am also a known product junkie! I love to indulge myself in products that make me feel beautiful and most importantly, take me away with time to myself even if it is just in my own bathroom. :)

I'm not sure if most of you know right now I am on bed rest at 26 weeks pregnant. So my ME time has been cut short, but I can savor the few moments I can be out of bed when it's time to shower. So I have put together a few products that even for just a moment, make me feel like I am on my own private spa day.

First on the list is the Aromatherapy line at Bath & Body Works. I am in love with the Lavender and Vanilla fragrance right now, it relaxes me and makes me smell soooo good! After my shower I use my Aveeno skin face wash (I have sensitive skin and this is wonderful) and next is my Kiehl's Tea Tree toner and an oil free moisturizer. Next I like to use thick creams on my body it seems to make my skin feel so soft even hours after I apply. I have a few different lotions in rotation; Johnson's Baby Lotion, Curel, Aveeno, and Nivea to name a few. But they all give me the soft feel that I and my honey love so much! :) And last but not least, we MUST take care of our footsies! I learned years ago from my Mom to put lotion on your feet and then put on a pair of nice cotton socks at night and your feet will stay soft and won't become victim to the dead skin...Yikes!

Well that is my routine in a nutshell....and thankfully I am still able to keep this up even on bed rest. It's probably more important now, being stuck in bed, then it has ever been to stay on top of my spa routine!

Well it's now time to do some stretching and then I'm off to a doc appointment!

Until Later
~Haute Mama~

No comments:

Post a Comment