Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Working Mom Blog: My Story

The Working Mom Blog, this is my story. Where do I begin? Let’s see, I am a thirty something single mom of two boys. I love all things fashion related, mommy related, I love to write and blog, I have the heart and mind of an entrepreneur, and I am a huge football fan. All of those things are equally exciting to me and I try to fit them all in the best I can. The only problem, you ask? I work outside the home and there are only 24 hours in the day!


But I’m determined to get into my blogging groove and share my stories, favorite things, trials, tribulations, and triumphs! This year has been extremely busy for me. I’ve been a single, working mom for the last two years and I feel like I am JUST finding my place in the world. My kids and I have our system and some routines that work for us and that make my life just a teeny bit easier.

I live in SoCal and thankfully the sun is starting to emerge! This means I can shop for dresses, wedges, and spring-y colors! This gets me one step closer to my favorite season, summer! I feel like my style is changing into my happy place. I’m not dressing like a teenager or like my Mother; I’m in that happy medium.  I’m a huge fan of the “skinny jean”, wedges, peplum tops, cool mani/pedi’s, top knots, and maxi dresses. I’m a huge fan of mixing all brands together to create the look for me. I shop anywhere from Nordstrom, Forever21, to the Goodwill to find cool vintage pieces that work in my wardrobe.

I’d love to speak for us working mom bloggers. We kind of get pushed to the side at times. But we have fun stories to share about our kiddies, we love to give our opinion on new products, and we are still MOMs! I have two boys who are almost 4 and 6 years old. They keep me busy and they remind me to slow down to see the little things in this world. I was at home with them full time until two years ago when I decided to enter back in the working outside the home world. I say that, because I was a stay at home mom and that was MUCH harder at times than my life now. It’s a job that oftentimes goes with no recognition because people assume that you are home all day living the life. But in actuality, you are in charge of EVERYTHING in your household, with no vacation days, no sick pay, and no catered lunches!

Thanks for reading….life is moving faster than I can make my next move bigger than the last, but I am up for the challenge. The weekend is near and the kids will be with Nana! This means I will make time to get a massage, finish some DIY projects around the house, and spend some time with my Ace! To my working Mom bloggers…what are some of your challenges day to day?

No comments:

Post a Comment