Thursday, April 18, 2013

Creating a vision board: Life Changing!

I have been creating a vision board for at least the last five years after reading “The Secret”. I’m sure you have heard of it, the book on the law of attraction? Well, for me, faith is my law of attraction. I try to live by the “faith the size of a mustard seed”. So reading “The Secret” was an excellent reminder for me, that my mindset and faith rule my life. Ask and I shall receive!

There is no magical way to creating a vision board, but I will share my creative process that gets the job done. A glass of wine, quiet space and music helps me unwind and have my mind free to think about what I want to accomplish in the year ahead. I usually spread out on my bed with magazines and pictures of words/quotes that I’ve printed. I like to focus on personal development, education, life goals, family goals, and a few items that have tickled my fancy.

Now don’t get me wrong, creating a vision board will not magically bring things to you and completely change your life. However, it will help you focus on making those items, quotes and feelings your reality! Having your goals up where you can see them will guide you in the direction you want your life to go in. Thus, creating your own reality! For instance, I like to focus on giving back. So I pasted quotes such as “Give Back” on my vision board. It’s a reminder for me to not get so caught up in my own life and material things. I also want to expand my jewelry business. So I posted photos of the direction I’d like my business to go in. And obviously, that takes work on my part. No matter how much I think about something, that isn’t going to bring it to me without doing the work. Well, not always, sometimes that does happen, and that’s a completely different subject and post!

Here are a few pictures of my vision board and few things that I have added…Enjoy!

So bring out your magazines, have your favorite drink on hand, turn on some music and *cheers* to creating your own vision board!





My 2012 vision board
                                  


PERFECT!

New ride! ;)



Empower Network!


ALL EN!!!!


2 comments:

  1. I love these and they work! Thanks for the reminder. Now I want to make one.

    ReplyDelete