Thursday, September 24, 2009

Day 1 of Deployment :(

Well it's official; I am a single Mom of two children until April 2010. We took him to the ship this morning. All around are the wives, girlfriends, husbands, and boyfriends, mothers, and fathers. All sad to say see you later to their loved ones. Some women even had to say good bye to their children and leave Dad to be the caretaker. It was sad, and I shed a tear for them, but not for myself? I know what you're thinking, but it's a simple answer. I love him dearly, but I'll be honest, he's not exactly Molly homemaker, or he isn't exactly who the kids run to when they need something. Most Moms know, if the kids need something, they will run to you. Dad can be sitting there begging to make them a sandwich or tie their shoe, but oh noooooo, "I want Mommy to do it!" So of course I will miss my best friend and movie buddy, I will miss receiving his phone calls to ask if I need anything from the store before he comes home, I will miss when he wants to hog the TV (wait no I won't miss that!), but you get the point. I will miss him terribly! This is the longest we will be apart in five years. :( But I want him to know, I can hold down the home front and we'll be here for you when you return! Thank you for sacrificing time with your family to protect Our Country and Our Freedom! We love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment