Monday, September 21, 2009

Can I Do It All???

This may sound like a silly question to all the single parents out there. But, I haven't been raising my children alone and quite frankly, I hope I have what it takes! I was raised in a single Mom household. My Mom can do it all! She would cook, clean, sew, work outside the house,and take care of us. All of that with too little money, family, and Prayer. So here I am, about to embark on a seven month journey with my two children while their Dad is serving Our Country. And I ask myself, Can I Do It All???

Just so I have this straight, here is my to-do list for the next seven months. I will be the sole caregiver to two children ages 2 years old and 2 months old. I will clean house, cook the food, take out the trash, change all light bulbs, water the grass, talk to the gardener, make sure cars are serviced, pay all the bills, spend quality time with my children, get my nails done, get my hair done, grocery shop, and make sure I take time out for myself every once in a while? That's impossible!!!

I'm convinced to do all of those things and still manage to be a haute mama are impossible!!! But I know so many single Moms who make it happen every day!! So my hat goes off to all of you, especially my Mother. Because growing up watching you, I know I will make it through this journey all in one piece and still as haute as ever!

Until Later,
~Jacqueline~

No comments:

Post a Comment