Wednesday, November 3, 2010

What. A. Day!

Let me start by saying I love my children.
However, I am quite certain today they were out to get me!

Where do I begin?
They woke up an hour early and were ready to GO!
First up, a stop in Target, which was pretty uneventful.
It's when we returned home from our shopping trip, that everything changed!

First was almost an entire bottle of ketchup on my youngest sons head, on my kitchen chair, and on the floor.
All of that while I vacuumed the living room.
And you'd think that my youngest son would be begging for mercy.
Nope, he just sits there and lets his older brother torture him!

Then it was my favorite part of the day....NAP TIME!
My youngest son went to sleep without a hitch!
My three year old son....not a chance!
In fact, he didn't take a nap at all!
All day he was on a "torture my little brother" kick.

So, needless to say, I had a pretty stressful, hectic day!
But what else is to be expected in the life of a stay at home Mom?
This is what I signed up for.
And truth be told,  I wouldn't change these time with my boys for anything in this world!

Now the boys are sleeping and the house is quiet!
I am going to have a glass of something and read a few chapters of a book.
Until tomorrow......

~Jacqueline


4 comments:

  1. Ahh Motherhood. Try discovering poop all over the floor and walls of YOUR bedroom while you're cleaning the living room AND finding your son still spreading it over the floor. It took me about 2 days to get the smell out of there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so understand you! My kids are teens and though it gets better as they get older, this saying is so true: "Big kids, big problems!"
    Enjoy being a SAHM. I made the change as well, gradually, and have never looked back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *hugs* to Carla! I can't imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzette, I have friends with older children and they remind me it isn't over! I guess I will hang tight with my littles for now. *fingers crossed* that I won't lose all of my hair before they become teens.

    ReplyDelete